Under New Ownership and Management
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is included/What do we need to bring?
Boat Rentals are bare boats with all required safety equipment. Bring your own ice, cooler, beverages, snacks, fishing gear and sunscreen. Our Sunset Cruises and Guided Outings include one of Our Professional Crew Members.
2. What about the weather?
The Western sky is usually spectacular in Galveston, however, if inclement weather jeopardizes the safety or comfort of your trip, we will make the best effort to reschedule at your convenience or refund your deposit in full.
3. How late can we go?
Rental Boats are always due back before the sunset and it gets dark. Return times may also be altered before sunset depending on tide conditions.
4. What time do we start?
Boat rentals start as early as sunrise. Sunset Cruises start times are flexible to a customized schedule, usually departing one to one and a half hours before sunset.
5. Where do we start?
Your boat will either be in the water waiting for you or launched quickly upon your arrival allowing you to step right onto your boat and be underway for your scheduled reservation time. Our courteous and experienced staff will get you on your way quickly.
6. What is your Refund and Deposit policy?
Your 50% deposit (of the rental rate), confirms your outing at the date and time you select. If you need to change your reservation, you must give a minimum notice of 24-hours in advance to receive a full refund or reschedule. In cases of inclement weather such as, lightning, high winds, or heavy rain, rescheduling or a full refund will be provided the day of the scheduled outing. Overcast skies and light rain are not deemed inclement weather for boating purposes.
7. Where on the water can we take rental boats?
Boat Rentals must follow crew instructions and the navigation chart provided at the time of your rental. Additional charges will incur if you navigate out of bounds.
8. Is it safe?
Out primary goal is safety and within these constraints, have as much fun as possible. Our Professional Crew Members follow all maritime guidelines.
9. Are kids allowed?
Yes, all ages are welcome. We have life jackets for all sizes, including infants.
10. How about pets?
“Trained” pets are allowed on rental boats. Pet accidents are the responsibility of owners to clean. Sunset cruise pets are allowed if the entire group is together and all parties are amenable.
11. What is the level of disabled access?
The nature of boat docks create limited access for physically disabled persons, however, our flat decked pontoon boat is suitable to physical limitations. Please call to discuss specific options.
12. What if we bring our rental boat or ski back in early?
There’s no credit for early return since your reservation time slot is exclusively yours and the company is unable to rent to somebody else without advance notice.
13. Do you charge a boat cleaning fee?
All boats must be returned free of trash and debris. Renters who leave boats dirty will be charged a cleaning fee starting at $75.00
Pleased call ahead to advise us which vessel you are interested in, and the date and time you want to start your outing. We will ask for your name, phone number, and credit card information to book your rental. You will be charged 1/2 of your base rental as a deposit, then pay the balance when you return from your day on the water. We accept all credit & debit cards and cash. If your plans change between the time of your reservation and your rental date, simply call us at least 24 hours in advance to let us know. We always try to accommodate changing plans. However, without 24 hours advance cancellation notice, you forfeit your deposit. In the event of inclement weather, we will reschedule your rental if possible or refund your deposit if you choose. Walk-up rentals are available on most days from dawn until two hours before sunset on a first-come-first-served, open boat basis.
Rental Rules and Guidelines
1. Renters must be at least 18 years of age or have parent/guardian accompanying the outing.
2. Renters must have at least one person in the group with prior experience driving a motorboat, or request an in-the-water $50 boat driving lesson.
3. You pay the hourly rental fee, plus the fuel and oil you use, and Texas sales tax.
4. For an official reservation provide your name, phone number and deposit. We’ll hold your boat.
5. We provide all vessels with the reqired safety equipment : life jackets, throw cushion, fire extinguisher, first aid kit and horn. You start with a full tank of fuel and pay for the fuel used at the end.
6.We have extra gear for rent: $10 fishing poles, $35 ski tube, $35 waterskis. The marina sells both frozen and live bait.
7. We provide customers with a color chart for navigation, and point out the areas with good fishing, interesting sights to see and the dangerous areas to avoid. Enjoy 35 square miles of open water in Galveston Bay
8. If you have any questions or special needs, please ask.
9. Beer bait and tackle are available from another vendor in the marina
10. Be safe, have fun!
Distribution of Ashen Remains
Galveston bay and the open waters of the Gulf are ideal places to ceremonially scatter the ashen remains of a loved one. We follow local ordinances and we know the appropriate locations to take your group out on the water to respectfully and honorably say goodbye.
For these somber trips, our experienced captain will utilize a vessel that fits your group size and preferred destination. It may be a powerboat offshore, a deep v-hull if the weather is rough or a pontoon boat.
We take the time for you to say a devotional and prayer on the water. Then we return safely back to the dock.
Package prices start at $395
1/2 hour $50
Per Day $35
Per Day $35
Per Day $10